Bank of America Production Services Lead in Plano, Texas
Bank of America is looking to build out their Production Services capabilities in the Plano, TX, market.
Enterprise Role Overview:
Production Services is responsible for running the day to day operations of the technology platform. Work activities specific to Production Services roles include Problem/Incident Management, Release/Deployment, Operational Readiness, Capacity/Availability Management, Application Monitoring, Service Analytics and Reporting, Production Governance, Triage, Associate Support, Change/Configuration Management, etc. The Production Services Lead identifies possible production failure scenarios, creates incident tickets, enhancements and/or problem tickets in ticket tracking system, and communicates effectively with development and internal business operations teams. Identifies vulnerabilities and opportunities for improvement, as well as maintain metrics to help develop analysis that will drive improvement in all areas of Production Services. Creates and enhances administrative, operational and technical policies and procedures, adopting best practice guidelines, standards and procedures. Takes ownership of escalations and perform trouble shooting, analysis, research and resolution using advanced query and programming skills. Performs analytical, technical, and administrative work in planning, installing, designing and supporting new and existing equipment and software under moderate supervision. Resolves complex issues. Consults with end users to determine optimal configuration of equipment and applications. Works on problems of minimal-moderate scope where analysis of situation or data requires a review of identifiable factors. Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action. Should have increased awareness and exposure to basic technical principles, concepts and techniques. May provide coaching and mentoring for other employees but does not directly manage others. Initiates and provides leadership, strategic/tactical direction and planning input on all information technology and client/business area issues and in the development of a technology environment which meets current and anticipated business requirements and objectives. Participates with management in the development of technology products, service standards and development efforts that impact the client/business area. Serves as an escalation point between the client/business area and internal management for the resolution of moderately complex unresolved problems, complaints and service requests. Provides the client areas with technology products and service alternatives that improve the production services environment. Employees in this job code manage a function but do not manage people.
*Candidates requiring visa sponsorship will not be considered for this position*
This position will be located at our Plano, TX, technology center only.
Job Specific Description:
Bank of America is looking for a Production Services Lead who will be involved in the following:
• Provide front line technical support to end users responding to issues related to Problem/Incident Management, Operational Readiness, Application Monitoring, Production Governance related to issues
• Solve production down situations under tight SLA deadlines
• Root cause and problem resolution follow-up
• Debug and fix production issues by analyzing complex SQL queries & stored Procedures
• As a part of L2 support team provide stand-by out of hours support on rotational basis for production system
• Look for efficiency improvement in & productivity savings Drive & Live by the culture of innovation resulting in highly efficient team and improving operational efficiency
• Work closely with Technology Infrastructure Teams, Development & Testing Teams in supporting Integrated / Independent releases, software/hardware upgrades, server upgrades.
• Communicate with all lines of business and management the overall status and health of the application, contribute to automation, causal analysis, develop shared/common solutions, proactively identify cross functional or technical issues.
• Hours: Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm; on as-needed basis, late shift and weekend support
Required Skills (Must have these skills to be minimally qualified):
• 7 - 14 years of hands-on experience.
• Practical hands-on experience with ETL implementation using Informatica
• Exposure to navigation and good knowledge of Unix/Linux
• Informatica PowerCenter
• Informatica Data Exchange
• Oracle Database, PL/SQL Queries
• Exposure of Job scheduling tools.
• NDM, SFTP
•Troubleshooting and problem solving
• Incident management, change management and problem management
• Experience of handling various production support roles (technical – L1/L2/L3) and hands-on experience in using at least 2-3 widely used monitoring / scheduling tools
• Experience with Real-time restoration, triaging of issues impacting technical services (application/infrastructure) to bank customers and partners in a timely manner
•Previous experience on an IT Application support team that provided technical support to end users responding to issues related to Problem/Incident Management, Release/Deployment, Operational Readiness, Application Monitoring, Production Governance related to issues
ITIL certification or good insight concepts around incident, change and problem management.
Exposure to Java - Debugging capabilities
UNIX shell scripting / Perl scripting / exposure to any scripting language on UNIX
Exposure to Banking / Payments / financial industry.
Posting Date : 07/12/2018
Plano, TX, BUILDING C, 7105 CORPORATE DR,
- United States
Travel : No
Full / Part-time : Full time
Hours Per Week : 40
Shift : 1st shift
Assistance for Applicants with Disabilities
Bank of America is committed to ensuring that our online application process provides an equal employment opportunity to all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an application, please visit the Applicants with Disabilities page at http://careers.bankofamerica.com/us/applicants-with-disabilities .
Diversity & Inclusion
At Bank of America, our commitment to diversity and inclusion is helping us to create not only a great place to work, but also an environment where our employees, our customers and our communities around the world can reach their goals and connect with each other. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Frequently Asked Questions
Need to know how to apply online, view a list of your submitted job applications or reset your password? Visit our FAQ at http://careers.bankofamerica.com/us/faq section for answers to these questions and more.