Bank of America DEV OPS ENGINEER in Plano, Texas
Develops, enhances, debugs, supports, maintains and tests software applications that support business units or supporting functions. These application program solutions may involve diverse development platforms, software, hardware, technologies and tools. Participates in the design, development and implementation of complex applications, often using new technologies. May provide technical direction and system architecture for individual initiatives. Serves as a fully seasoned/proficient technical resource. Will not have direct reports but may lead projects and direct activities of a team related to special initiatives or operations. May have responsibility for a project and project budget. May collaborate with external programmers to coordinate delivery of software application. Routine accountability is for technical knowledge and capabilities. Works under minimal supervision, with general guidance from more seasoned consultants. Typically requires 5-7 years of experience.
Senior DevOps engineer who will provide onboarding and support for SDLC Platforms. Individual contributor role; fully competent to work under general direction on most complex support tasks and seeks guidance and direction from more senior associates or manager as needed. Excellent written and spoken communications skills (English) for clear, concise correspondence to end users. I high level of technical experience required. Analytical and forward thinking required.
Perform onboarding activities as well as solve any and all problems while on boarding teams to the corporate SDLC platform. Address all issues for the development team’s applications within the tools. In this role you will need a strong aptitude for communicating complex processes in an educational manner.
• Must be able to handle multiple tasks and adapt to a constantly changing environment
• Must have excellent organization skills.
• Must have understanding of SDLC and CI/CD concepts.
• Experienced with DevOps CI/CD applications and automated build and deploy configuration and processes. Jenkins and Ansible experience required.
• Deep technical knowledge and troubleshooting skills required for ALL of these tools: Jira, Git/Bitbucket, Jenkins (Cloudbees), Artifactory, Ansible Tower, Confluence, Crowd TFS, Subversion.
• Command Line experience in both Power Shell and UNIX required
• Expert at writing scripts (Power Shell and UNIX)
• Knowledge of Linux and Windows server security models. PbRole, Service accounts, Active Directory groups, OU
• 5 years previous experience as a developer in both Microsoft, Java and Python required
• Able to communicate effectively both written and verbal.
• Able to support clients in a fast paced environment in critical situations.
• Able to meet all expected SLA’s.
• Experience with supporting end users and providing assistance to users based on established processes.
• Language fluency in English
Development, Build and Deployment experience required in .NET is preferable for this role
• Experience with writing and maintenance of process documentation.
• Strong aptitude for forward thinking of complex processes to eliminate manual processing.
• Good time management skills
Candidates requiring visa sponsorship will not be considered for this position
Posting Date : 06/13/2018
Plano, TX, BUILDING C, 7105 CORPORATE DR,
- United States
Travel : No
Full / Part-time : Full time
Hours Per Week : 40
Shift : 1st shift
Assistance for Applicants with Disabilities
Bank of America is committed to ensuring that our online application process provides an equal employment opportunity to all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an application, please visit the Applicants with Disabilities page at http://careers.bankofamerica.com/us/applicants-with-disabilities .
Diversity & Inclusion
At Bank of America, our commitment to diversity and inclusion is helping us to create not only a great place to work, but also an environment where our employees, our customers and our communities around the world can reach their goals and connect with each other. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Frequently Asked Questions
Need to know how to apply online, view a list of your submitted job applications or reset your password? Visit our FAQ at http://careers.bankofamerica.com/us/faq section for answers to these questions and more.