Bank of America Separately Managed Accounts Product Specialist in Pennington, New Jersey
Separately managed accounts product specialist
Merrill Lynch Global Wealth and Retirement Services (“GWRS”) provides a comprehensive set of investment products and services, as well as retirement solutions, to the company’s clients and financial advisors globally. GWRS provides the products, tools and content that enables our advisors to help their clients meet their goals while building lasting, productive relationships
The Third Party Investments & Manager Relations team is responsible for the strategic development of the advisory platform strategy via the prioritization and origination of third party manager SMAs on the Merrill Lynch One and SPA platforms. The team collaborates closely with cross-functional groups across the Managed Solutions Group and Global Wealth and Investment Management and acts as primary contact for third party investment managers with the managed accounts overlay and implementation organization.
Enterprise Job Description:
The Product Specialist is directly responsible for assisting with the origination, oversight and maintenance of the Separately Managed Account strategies available on the Merrill Lynch One and SPA platforms. He/She will be responsible for managing the process and procedures that are required to support the SMA business and working closely with the Third Party Program Team, CIO Due Diligence, MSG Control Partners and Third Party investment managers to ensure that all requirements have been met.
· Deliver ad hoc and routine reports to heat mapping flows, roster depth, roster need to support the roster review / pipeline process
· Liaising with Third Party Programs team and IMG when launching new strategies to ensure proper execution – specifically for SMA products via Quantitative Methodology
· Responsible for maintenance of all platform implications for products maintained under CIO Qualitative Methodologies
· Facilitate Annual Business Due Diligence process – send, receive and organize annual questionnaire responses
· Work with Legal/Risk/Compliance partners to mitigate potential issues with introduction of new strategies and/or changes to existing strategies
· Manage Manager Relations mailbox to facilitate MAA Portal user access requests and ADV updates
· Communicate Security Restrictions lists as needed
· Support Senior Product Specialist in annual MFN Review process
· Facilitate annual ADV process
· Provide FA sales support
· Maintain a log of Reverse Inquiries
· Bachelor's degree required, preferably a Business or Finance
· 1-4 years of strong understanding financial and wealth management concepts
· Proven excellent verbal and written communication skills; strong presentation skills and a comfort in speaking before an audience
· Must possess PC skills within Windows environment; specifically Excel and PowerPoint
· Excellent critical thinking skills
· Detail oriented with ability to work independently and drive issues to completion
· Ability to partner effectively with a diverse set of stakeholders (e.g., Product, CIO, Legal, Risk, Compliance)
· Strong desire to excel and execute in a dynamic environment
· Current FINRA Series 7, 66 (or 63 & 65)
· Experience working with Separately Managed Accounts
· Relationship management/building skills
Posting Date : 05/24/2018
Pennington, NJ, HOPEWELL BLDG. 6, 1600 AMERICAN BLVD,
- United States
Travel : Yes, 5% of the time
Full / Part-time : Full time
Hours Per Week : 40
Shift : 1st shift
Assistance for Applicants with Disabilities
Bank of America is committed to ensuring that our online application process provides an equal employment opportunity to all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an application, please visit the Applicants with Disabilities page at http://careers.bankofamerica.com/us/applicants-with-disabilities .
Diversity & Inclusion
At Bank of America, our commitment to diversity and inclusion is helping us to create not only a great place to work, but also an environment where our employees, our customers and our communities around the world can reach their goals and connect with each other. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Frequently Asked Questions
Need to know how to apply online, view a list of your submitted job applications or reset your password? Visit our FAQ at http://careers.bankofamerica.com/us/faq section for answers to these questions and more.