Bank of America Regulatory Exam Specialist in New York, New York
The Regulatory Engagement & Exam Management Specialist supports exam managers who hold primary accountability for the examination execution and provide leadership and guidance to business leaders on exams, inquiries and other interactions. Participates in the following activities at the direction of the executive or manager:
The Exam Specialist will be responsible for the following:
Assist Exam Managers in successful management of regulatory exams, including but not limited to:
Manage the overall exam action plan
Handle logistics related to the exam
Prepare debriefs/track action items from meetings
Track deliverables and ensure timely and complete submissions
Manage smaller scale exams and provide overflow exam management coverage when needed
Coordinate responses to regulatory inquiries
Coordinate or manage regulatory meetings
Handle various requests that arise in managing regulatory relationships
• Assists in managing regulatory exams for a line of business or function.
• Can assist exam manager through the phases outlined in the Bank of America Regulatory Exam Management Standards.
• Contributes to a readiness assessment (if advance notice of the exam is received and if practical) of the end to end process being examined to identify any control gaps or weaknesses, potential issues and potential emerging risks. Readiness assessment includes:
• Review of regulatory handbooks/standard testing questions (e.g., OCC Exam Handbooks, FFIEC Handbook, CFPB Exam Manual).
• Review of any recent regulatory guidance or regulatory changes issued.
• Review of any open and closed issues arising from past regulatory exams, internal audits, credit reviews or self-identified issues.
• Assists with responses to regulatory inquiries.
Ongoing Supervision Meetings
• Assists in planning and coordinating ongoing supervision meetings with regulators, including meetings with Front Line Unit (FL) or Control Function (CF) Executives.
• Can assist exam manager in providing active oversight of the tollgate process meetings.
Regulatory Activity Tracking, Reporting and Escalation
• Assists exam manager in escalating any regulator concerns, emerging themes or issues.
• Contributes to effective reporting and communication routines to achieve enterprise understanding of key issues.
Degree Required: Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
At least 5 years experience in planning and supporting regulatory exams or large scale regulatory projects
4+ years’ experience working in the financial industry
Strong project management skills; attention to detail; ability to drive projects to conclusion
Excellent organizational skills with a keen ability to prioritize daily tasks with project work as well as ad hoc requests.
Preferably, sound understanding of financial regulatory agencies and regulatory oversight and supervision.
Some knowledgeable of exam management process, preferrably
Good verbal and written communication skills and presentation skills
Good analytical skills
Ability to work under pressure, calmly within tight deadlines and escalate appropriately.
Able to develop and maintain good working relationships.
Self-starter, motivated and reliable; ability to work well and seamlessly within a team without a continuous high level of guidance
Proficiency in using MS Word, EXCEL and PowerPoint.
Knowledgeable of Bank of America’s business lines, operations, organizational structure, senior executives, etc.
Job Profile SummaryTO BE USED IN GLOBAL COMPLIANCE ONLY:
The Regulatory Engagement & Exam Management Specialist supports exam managers who hold primary accountability for the examination execution and provide leadership and guidance to business leaders on exams, inquiries and other interactions. Participates in the following activities at the direction of the executive or manager: Exam management; regulatory inquiries; ongoing supervision meetings; regulatory responses; and regulatory activity tracking reporting, and escalation.
Posting Date : 06/07/2018
New York, NY, BANK OF AMERICA TOWER, ONE BRYANT PARK,
Charlotte, NC, BANK OF AMERICA CORPORATE CENTER, 100 N TRYON ST,
- United States
Travel : No
Full / Part-time : Full time
Hours Per Week : 40
Shift : 1st shift
Assistance for Applicants with Disabilities
Bank of America is committed to ensuring that our online application process provides an equal employment opportunity to all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an application, please visit the Applicants with Disabilities page at http://careers.bankofamerica.com/us/applicants-with-disabilities .
Diversity & Inclusion
At Bank of America, our commitment to diversity and inclusion is helping us to create not only a great place to work, but also an environment where our employees, our customers and our communities around the world can reach their goals and connect with each other. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Frequently Asked Questions
Need to know how to apply online, view a list of your submitted job applications or reset your password? Visit our FAQ at http://careers.bankofamerica.com/us/faq section for answers to these questions and more.