Bank of America Python / Database Developer in New York, New York
Following established written procedures, guidelines and techniques, develops, enhances, modifies and/or maintains applications that support business units or support functions in the Global Markets environment. Software developers design, code, test, debug and document programs. Awareness of business or function for which application is designed. Individual contributor role; fully competent to work under general direction on complex projects usually on specific assigned problems, and seeks guidance and direction from more senior associates or manager, as needed. Typically requires 3-5 years of applicable experience. This job code is only to be used for employees supporting Global Markets.
GMSP Technology is looking for a strong software engineer to join the team to developer and support solutions to meet the analytics, research and publication needs of the business. The groups manages large databases with data sourced from vendors such as Intex, eMBS, Bloomberg, Core Logic, and other economic data available on public websites.
• Provide technical expertise for developing, monitoring, and maintaining applications, and innovative solutions related to the automation of data processing and analysis
• Develop Python based applications, APIs and maintain a suite of Python based automated tests
• Deliver high quality python code, quickly learn new framework(e.g. Quartz) and modules
• Work with front office users(traders, modelers, analyst) and deliver project under tight deadline
• Design and develop systems to capture mortgage data (agency , non-agency), calculate indicatives used for analytics, and service large-scale data requests
• Bachelor or advance degree in computer science or engineering with 2+ years of experience.
• Software developer with strong Python, C++ or Java and strong foundation on SQLs and preferably hands on experience required. Python experience is a plus, but not required.
• Experience in Shell scripting (shell/ Perl) in Linux/Solaris environment.
• Relational database experience - SQL, Oracle or Sybase
• Ability to communicate effectively and ability to translate requests into deliverable products.
• Good understanding of software engineering principles such as design, unit testing, continuous integration and deployment
• Experience with XML and JSON manipulation
• Ability to work in a team-oriented setting with strong interpersonal skills
Posting Date : 06/11/2018
New York, NY, 250 VESEY ST (NY3004),
- United States
Travel : No
Full / Part-time : Full time
Hours Per Week : 40
Shift : 1st shift
Assistance for Applicants with Disabilities
Bank of America is committed to ensuring that our online application process provides an equal employment opportunity to all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an application, please visit the Applicants with Disabilities page at http://careers.bankofamerica.com/us/applicants-with-disabilities .
Diversity & Inclusion
At Bank of America, our commitment to diversity and inclusion is helping us to create not only a great place to work, but also an environment where our employees, our customers and our communities around the world can reach their goals and connect with each other. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Frequently Asked Questions
Need to know how to apply online, view a list of your submitted job applications or reset your password? Visit our FAQ at http://careers.bankofamerica.com/us/faq section for answers to these questions and more.