Bank of America Closed End Fund / Unit Investment Trust Specialist in New York, New York
CEF / UIT Job Description
o The candidate would client facing and primarily be responsible assisting the coordinating both Closed End Fund (CEF) and Unit Investment Trust (UIT) origination and due diligence process across several internal and external parties. The role requires analytical work, asset manager relationship management, live deal support, management reporting, FA support, marketing and sales skills and some ad hoc reporting and administrative tasks. The role may also include responsibilities relating to the development and improvement of business group processes and technology.
o Specific responsibilities consist of:
Client facing role focused on the determining the validity of investment concept and marketability of a new proposed fund based on BAML Research connectivity, FA and client desire, overall suitability, merits of the implementation strategy, market conditions and ability to raise assets
Performing LOB diligence with on offerings, meeting with PM team, comparing and contrasting with competing issuers products and preparing write-up on pertinent findings for presentation to committee. Initiating process for CEF & UIT set up and establishment on system. Insuring process moves smoothly through multiple internal and external counterparts. Working with internal counsel, compliance, and RP for creation and distribution of various marketing materials, including Fact Cards, FA brochures, newsletters and educational pieces
Preparing presentation materials for and presenting the CEFs & UIT platform to asset managers at venues such as conference calls including AES, office and complex conferences, national due diligence meetings and various educational and support meetings.
• Bachelor’s degree in related field
• Strong project management skill required. Able to prioritize and deal with shifting deliverables and deadlines,
• Proven experience to work with groups as well as individually. Strong interpersonal skills required.
• Proven strong verbal & written communication skills
• Prior experience working with Microsoft Office (primarily Excel, PowerPoint and Word) and Bloomberg.
• Investment product knowledge and client facing experience are a must
• 4+ years of experience in a related financial services product role such as mutual funds, closed-end funds or unit investment trusts
• Exposure to different asset classes at a high level, to have an understanding of differences between corporate bonds, municipal bonds, and asset backed securities and equities
• Current 7, 63, 65 or 7 and 66 is required OR must receive licenses within 120 days from start
Posting Date : 05/16/2018
New York, NY, BANK OF AMERICA TOWER, ONE BRYANT PARK,
- United States
Travel : Yes, 5% of the time
Full / Part-time : Full time
Hours Per Week : 40
Shift : 1st shift
Assistance for Applicants with Disabilities
Bank of America is committed to ensuring that our online application process provides an equal employment opportunity to all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an application, please visit the Applicants with Disabilities page at http://careers.bankofamerica.com/us/applicants-with-disabilities .
Diversity & Inclusion
At Bank of America, our commitment to diversity and inclusion is helping us to create not only a great place to work, but also an environment where our employees, our customers and our communities around the world can reach their goals and connect with each other. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Frequently Asked Questions
Need to know how to apply online, view a list of your submitted job applications or reset your password? Visit our FAQ at http://careers.bankofamerica.com/us/faq section for answers to these questions and more.