Bank of America Data Modeler in Chicago, Illinois
The Senior Data Modeler within the Identity and Access Management (IAM))group will be responsible for identifying areas where data can be used to improve business activities, define business users’ requirements and data flows, and propose and implement innovative data solutions. The role will be responsible for creating and maintaining data models for IAM and assisting as requested in other IAM data modeling activities. Person will act as a data modeling SME and work closely with database engineers to create optimal physical data models. Based off of data analysis, the data modeler will make recommendations for standardization and proper data usage.
This role will also be responsible for defining and governing data modeling and design standards, tools, best practices, and related development methodologies for IAM. Additionally, this role will help promote a data-driven culture, with a focus on enterprise standards, maturity, and controls. Responsibities will include the implementation of a centralized Data Modeling Repository."
"10+ years experience in data modeling
• Expertise in data modeling principles/methods including Conceptual, Logical & Physical Data Modeling
• Experience with erwin and/or PowerDesigner
• Expertise in Data Warehouse design methodologies and creation of canonical/organizational reference models
• Expertise in building dimensional/reporting structures
• Experience with coordinating data modeling activities with metadata management
• Experience with source to target mapping, data transformation, and rationalization
• Experience managing a data model repository
• Ability to quickly learn and adapt modeling methods from case studies or other proven approaches
• Strong influencing skills and effective collaborator
• Information architecture, data governance, metadata management and administration, technology consulting, policies and standards
• Ability to quickly learn and adopt new technologies and disciplines
• Ability to operate independently and self-lead workload and projects
• Effective communication skills, both written and verbal
• Must be able to identify, analyze and address problems to resolve issues whenever possible in way that minimizes negative impact and risk to the organization
• Must be comfortable in delivering messages across a wide spectrum of individuals having varying degrees of technical understanding
"•Bachelor's degree in Information Technology or related field
• Previous Information Security experience
• Strong analytical skills/problem solving/conceptual thinking
• Ability to work with Technical and Non Technical business owners
Posting Date : 07/12/2018
Chicago, IL, 135 S LA SALLE ST (IL4135),
Charlotte, NC, 201 N TRYON ST (NC1022),
- United States
Travel : No
Full / Part-time : Full time
Hours Per Week : 40
Shift : 1st shift
Assistance for Applicants with Disabilities
Bank of America is committed to ensuring that our online application process provides an equal employment opportunity to all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an application, please visit the Applicants with Disabilities page at http://careers.bankofamerica.com/us/applicants-with-disabilities .
Diversity & Inclusion
At Bank of America, our commitment to diversity and inclusion is helping us to create not only a great place to work, but also an environment where our employees, our customers and our communities around the world can reach their goals and connect with each other. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Frequently Asked Questions
Need to know how to apply online, view a list of your submitted job applications or reset your password? Visit our FAQ at http://careers.bankofamerica.com/us/faq section for answers to these questions and more.