Bank of America Unix / Linux Administrator - Info Security Engr in Charlotte, North Carolina
Member of the Compliance Monitoring team responsible for supporting Compliance Monitoring operations and deep dive analysis/verification of network and web-based findings. Individual contributor role with a specialization in the usage of testing tools/techniques to identify, validate, escalate, and drive risks to closure through partnership with supporting information security teams. A successful candidate will be team oriented, collaborative, persistent, analytical, and detail oriented so that changes detected in the environment via scanning are assessed for risk and escalated appropriately. Typically 5-7 years of IT experience with 3+ of those focused towards Information Security Testing.
Required Job Skills:
A UNIX/LINUX System Administrator.
Information Security Background.
Hardening UNIX/LINUX Systems.
Good communication skills
Ability to write scripts.
Some SQL/Database experience would be a plus.
• Wide knowledge of application and IT product diversity, interoperability, and extensive knowledge in IT security.
• Must have experience and be very proficient with the common tools associated with Compliance Monitoring (Qualys Policy Compliance, Symantec ESM/CCS, Nessus.)
• Must have a strong understanding of network and routing infrastructure/architecture, (NAT, VIPs, Load Balancers, SSL/TLS, Certificates, etc.)
• Must also have a strong understanding Windows Operating Systems.
• Must be able to critically examine an environment/system through the perspective of a threat actor and articulate risk in clear, precise terms
• Must be able to both work independently as well as effectively work in teams with individuals with a variety of skills and backgrounds
• Effective communication skills
• Highly motivated self-starter
Desired Job Skill:
• Ability to effectively code in a scripting language (Python, Perl, etc.)
• Knowledge of vCenter/ESXi systems.
• Ability to use/query relational databases
• Desirable certifications: OSCP, CISSP
• Knowledge of security research tools, and products.
• Strong analytical skills/problem solving/conceptual thinking
• Ability to work with Technical and Non Technical business owners
• Previous experience working in the financial industry
Posting Date : 05/23/2018
Charlotte, NC, 13510 BALLANTYNE CORPORATE PL (NC2109),
Addison, TX, 16001 N DALLAS PKWY (TX8042),
- United States
Travel : No
Full / Part-time : Full time
Hours Per Week : 40
Shift : 1st shift
Assistance for Applicants with Disabilities
Bank of America is committed to ensuring that our online application process provides an equal employment opportunity to all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an application, please visit the Applicants with Disabilities page at http://careers.bankofamerica.com/us/applicants-with-disabilities .
Diversity & Inclusion
At Bank of America, our commitment to diversity and inclusion is helping us to create not only a great place to work, but also an environment where our employees, our customers and our communities around the world can reach their goals and connect with each other. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Frequently Asked Questions
Need to know how to apply online, view a list of your submitted job applications or reset your password? Visit our FAQ at http://careers.bankofamerica.com/us/faq section for answers to these questions and more.