Bank of America Quantitative Finance Analyst in Charlotte, North Carolina
The successful candidate will join the Retail Quantitative Analysis team and be responsible for assisting in the design and development of econometric models (PD, EAD, LGD), for implementing and maintaining model input systems, performing statistical testing of the models, reporting and analysis, and data manipulation. The candidate would be asked to provide innovative, thorough and practical solutions to an extensive range of demanding problems. The group consists of twelve senior modelers, and the responsibilities include building behavioral models across the Retail space, including Mortgage, Credit Card, Auto, as well as Deposits and Overdrafts.
This role often possesses an advanced degree in economics, applied mathematics, statistics/probability or another heavy quantitative discipline. Quantitative analytic staff is focused on and responsible for the development of the theory and mathematics behind various models.
Required Education/Experience: Masters with 2+ years of experience.
· Strong programming skills in SAS and SQL
· Experience with very large data sets
· UNIX or Linux experience
· Ability to work in a time sensitive, market-driven environment
· Strong attention to detail
· Strong economic intuition in analyzing data and solving problems
· Ability to work in a cooperative environment
· Ability to multi-task various requests
· Ability to manage multiple priorities with minimal supervision
· Programming skills in C++, Perl, R/S-Plus, experience with Python and Spark/Hadoop
· Experience in the mortgage or credit industry
· Database administration experience
· Expertise using Excel for Windows
· Strong mathematical skills, especially coursework or experience in statistics, economics, financial theory, derivatives pricing or stochastic calculus
· Existing knowledge of BAC/CFC mortgage data (The W, Pysix, Lynx) and credit card data (Bacardi, SBIL)
Posting Date : 06/11/2018
Thousand Oaks, CA, 225 W HILLCREST DR (CA6918),
Atlanta, GA, Atlanta Plaza, 600 Peachtree St NE,
Charlotte, NC, BANK OF AMERICA CORPORATE CENTER, 100 N TRYON ST,
- United States
Travel : Yes, 5% of the time
Full / Part-time : Full time
Hours Per Week : 40
Shift : 1st shift
Assistance for Applicants with Disabilities
Bank of America is committed to ensuring that our online application process provides an equal employment opportunity to all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an application, please visit the Applicants with Disabilities page at http://careers.bankofamerica.com/us/applicants-with-disabilities .
Diversity & Inclusion
At Bank of America, our commitment to diversity and inclusion is helping us to create not only a great place to work, but also an environment where our employees, our customers and our communities around the world can reach their goals and connect with each other. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Frequently Asked Questions
Need to know how to apply online, view a list of your submitted job applications or reset your password? Visit our FAQ at http://careers.bankofamerica.com/us/faq section for answers to these questions and more.