Bank of America Information Security Engineer in Charlotte, North Carolina
The individual hired for this position will be part of the Global Information Security - Global Exception Management team. The person in this role will be part of a small but dynamic team of subject matter experts providing level 2 and 3 support to the exception management process. This person, along with the other members of the team, is responsible for understanding Information Security policy standards and the controls associated with the policy requirements, understanding the risks associated with deviation from those controls. The person will understand the risk/reward tradeoff of circumventing those controls to enable the Front Line Units to perform their required job functions. This person will participate in formal risk assessments, make recommendations related to balancing risk/reward and ensure that all procedures are rigorously followed. This person will also assist in maintaining the assorted Exception Management documentation. As part of the team, this person will become a subject matter expert in the area of exception management and the associated sub processes that make up exception management, including managing the lifecycle of exceptions.
• Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Information Security or related field.
• Broad understanding of the regulatory and policy landscape for Information protection within Bank of America.
• Broad knowledge of information security, risk management, security operations and access management principles. (e.g. access control)
• Strong understanding of bank specific security processes and regulatory obligations with respect to high risk data.
• Ability to articulate technical limitations and needs to business and technology partners.
• Ability to interpret data, analyze results using statistical techniques and provide on-going reports.
• Strong Excel & PowerPoint skills.
• Ability to develop and implement data collection systems, data analytics and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and quality.
• Ability to locate and define new process improvement opportunities
• Ability to work independently on initiatives with little oversight.
• Strong analytical skills/problem solving/conceptual thinking.
• Superior communication skills
ITIL V3 ( Service Management Practices )
Knowledge on Web proxies, secure gateways & web categories.
Knowledge on McAfee endpoint solutions.
Information Security Certifications desired ( Security + , SSCP )
Familiarity with Bank of America GRC tools, risk assessment calculators and processes.
Posting Date : 03/12/2018
Charlotte, NC, 201 N TRYON ST (NC1022),
Charlotte, NC, 13510 BALLANTYNE CORPORATE PL (NC2109),
- United States
Travel : No
Full / Part-time : Full time
Hours Per Week : 40
Shift : 1st shift
Assistance for Applicants with Disabilities
Bank of America is committed to ensuring that our online application process provides an equal employment opportunity to all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an application, please visit the Applicants with Disabilities page at http://careers.bankofamerica.com/us/applicants-with-disabilities .
Diversity & Inclusion
At Bank of America, our commitment to diversity and inclusion is helping us to create not only a great place to work, but also an environment where our employees, our customers and our communities around the world can reach their goals and connect with each other. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Frequently Asked Questions
Need to know how to apply online, view a list of your submitted job applications or reset your password? Visit our FAQ at http://careers.bankofamerica.com/us/faq section for answers to these questions and more.