Bank of America Threat Reduction Subject Matter Expert in Addison, Texas
Provide technical expertise to technical and non-technical TRS team members to highlight the key risks/areas of concern in a threat reduction case. Consume, understand, and relay to the TRT emerging threats and vulnerabilities. Receives, Investigates, Evaluates, and Actions cyber security issues as a TRS while also looking for opportunities to streamline, automate or improve case efficiency. Tech SME may also provide response services to GIS/Incident Management as needed. Provides personalized engagement support to impacted entities within the larger response effort. Prepares detailed case synopsis recording all operational activities. Additionally, there’s a significant on-call requirement for this position enabling response to after-hours cyber security events.
Required Job Skills:
• A broad knowledge of information security principles, telecommunications protocols, and adversarial tools & techniques.
• In-depth understanding of computer networking technologies (LAN/WAN, standard ports and protocols, HTTP Status codes, etc.)
• Comfortable reviewing multiple log formats, especially PCAPs, proxy and syslogs
• Must be comfortable creating ad_hoc tools to meet developing mission requirements
• Strong analytical skills/problem solving/conceptual thinking.
• Able to identify, analyze and address problems to resolve issues with minimal negative impact and risk to the organization.
• Confident and capable written and oral presentation skills.
• Strong project management skills
• Ability to work independently with little oversight managing multiple investigations simultaneously
• Must be comfortable in delivering messages across a wide spectrum of individuals having varying degrees of technical understanding
• Must have strong leadership skills and qualities which enable you to work with peers and various levels of management.
• Bachelor's degree in Information Technology or related field (or extensive hands-on experience with telecommunications equipment)
Desired Job Skill:
• Master's degree in Information Technology or related field
• Experience in the remediation of Information Security risks/vulnerabilities
• Experience with network monitoring and intrusion detection system
• Ability to work with Technical and Non-Technical persons
• Ability to guide Non-Technical persons through technical processes to increase their understanding
• Persistent and Logical investigator
• Fluency in multiple languages
• Programming Language/Experience (C++, Jango, Python, etc)
Posting Date : 07/09/2018
Charlotte, NC, International Trade Center, 200 N College St,
Addison, TX, BUILDING I, 16001 N DALLAS PKWY,
- United States
Travel : No
Full / Part-time : Full time
Hours Per Week : 40
Shift : 1st shift
Assistance for Applicants with Disabilities
Bank of America is committed to ensuring that our online application process provides an equal employment opportunity to all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an application, please visit the Applicants with Disabilities page at http://careers.bankofamerica.com/us/applicants-with-disabilities .
Diversity & Inclusion
At Bank of America, our commitment to diversity and inclusion is helping us to create not only a great place to work, but also an environment where our employees, our customers and our communities around the world can reach their goals and connect with each other. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Frequently Asked Questions
Need to know how to apply online, view a list of your submitted job applications or reset your password? Visit our FAQ at http://careers.bankofamerica.com/us/faq section for answers to these questions and more.