Bank of America International Associate Wealth Strategist - Miami, FL in Miami, Florida
International Associate Wealth Strategist
· Works closely with Wealth Strategists, Private Wealth Advisors (PWAs), Financial Advisors (FAs) and management
· Assists Wealth Strategists in client engagements, thought leadership and events that drive cross-border wealth transfer strategies for international UHNW clients and pre-immigration planning to the U.S.
· Ability to learn Merrill Lynch’s U.S. and offshore platforms, suite of solutions, and initiatives
· Familiarity with the Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development’s (OECD’s) Common Reporting Standards (CRS) and the US Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act (FATCA)
· Excellent knowledge about complex Estate Planning strategies including but not limited to Foreign Trusts, US trusts, Private Investment Companies, Partnership etc
· Always up-to-date on ongoing changes in the Latin America legal environment and specifically on changes in the legal territories of Mexico, Brazil, Colombia etc.
· Timely escalation and communication of questions and potential red flags to senior leadership team upon analysis of client’s estate planning and/or during client meetings
· Hands-on and self-driven personality
· Maintains an excellent network with Centers of influence
· Assist the Wealth Strategist to write white papers and thought leadership materials
· STEP member a plus
Fluent in Spanish and English, preferably Portuguese
Law degree preferred
CPA license is preferred
Advanced degree or certification (e.g. LL.M., MST, PFS, CPWA) strongly preferred
Expertise in offshore advanced estate, philanthropic, and financial planning concepts and techniques
Minimum of 5 years of private practice or planning experience for UHNW families and individuals
Previous experience in the financial services industry
Excellent communication and presentation skills
Solid tax and legal research skills
Travel - 15%
Series 7, 63/65 or 66 required (or ability to obtain within 120 days)
Experience with computer programs (e.g., Excel, Estate Planning Tools) preferred
Posting Date : 09/25/2017
Miami, FL, BANK OF AMERICA, 701 Brickell Ave,
- United States
Travel : Yes, 15% of the time
Full / Part-time : Full time
Hours Per Week : 40
Shift : 1st shift
Assistance for Applicants with Disabilities
Bank of America is committed to ensuring that our online application process provides an equal employment opportunity to all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an application, please visit the Applicants with Disabilities page at http://careers.bankofamerica.com/us/applicants-with-disabilities .
Diversity & Inclusion
At Bank of America, our commitment to diversity and inclusion is helping us to create not only a great place to work, but also an environment where our employees, our customers and our communities around the world can reach their goals and connect with each other. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Frequently Asked Questions
Need to know how to apply online, view a list of your submitted job applications or reset your password? Visit our FAQ at http://careers.bankofamerica.com/us/faq section for answers to these questions and more.